Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Layouts New Home

Well the dog has grown tired of me sharing his house, so I have decided to build my own. This is where the layout will live, the main section on the long wall with the dog bones positioned opposite. Once the shed has been completed, I will be able to make a lot more progress as working on it will not involve any travelling.

With the new shed will come the chance to run the first train. I still have another dog bone to build but I am really looking forward to wiring it up and giving the computer control software a run. I have been busy over the past year writing commands and drawing the CTC control panel. The aim is to have a touch screen monitor displaying the track diagram and with a touch on the relevant point icon the switch machine will fire up and re-route the train.  Without running a train so far it has not been proven and I am sure there will be many bugs to iron out and a lot of hair to be removed. The layout will, I am sure be renamed a few times with an assortment of much more colourful titles .

Anyway I will leave it there for now, before I start boring everyone with gigabytes and flux capacitors.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linton,
    Every Layout needs a home, good to see Stonequarry Creek is getting some cover. The thing I found with trains is that if you give up all of your other hobbies and keep the trains, the the other hslf will be happy. I used to have a 1971 351C Fairlane that I restored...It's gone to a new owner and now I can pay more attention to the trains. So many hobbies, so little time.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete