Thursday, July 21, 2011

Make Models While The Rain Falls

Today I had an RDO and as luck would have it, it non stop rained! This was the excuse I needed to have one more shot at glazing the HCX. I was not happy with the glazing supplied as it was far to thick and frosted making it impossible to see through! I decided to cut individual windows out of some clear styrene sheet. A million windows later I finally finished one side! Yeah! The result is ok. The styrene seems to scratch very easily and shows up when viewed through. Maybe for the other side I will cut the windows out of shirt packaging. It may not scratch up as much and if the results improve I will replace the side finished today.



Along with a few windows I finished the Z13 by fitting a crew. The LWW is still on the bench as I still have no info on its brake rigging.

I am looking forward to the Loftus convention this Saturday. Hopefully I will get to meet a few blogger's!

That's it for now. Not much to write really but thought I had better do something.

See you at the convention,

Linton

2 comments:

  1. G'day Linton :)
    Was browsing Weston Langford's site and noticed this: http://westonlangford.com/media/photos/100440.jpg
    Might help you with finishing the HCX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,

    Thanks for the link. How did you find that? Do you think it still had lining around the guard and luggage windows?

    Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply, I only just saw the comment.

    If your ever down on the south coast let me know. Your welcome to stop in.

    Thanks again,

    Linton

    ReplyDelete