Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas

Just a quick one to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I have enjoyed sharing my adventures with everyone this year and in doing so have learnt a great deal along the way. I would especially like to thank all those that helped with information in regards to Picton. As Rob (Picton Blog Spot) said in his last post we were both helped out in more ways than I could believe by a very kind person via a post on the Aus-Model-Rail group. I have now enough information to keep me busy for a very long time. I do hope I can do it justice by building the models to the accuracy of the information provided. Thank you for all the time and effort you gave us.

Not alot has been happening here on Stonequarry Creek. I have been busy with work and my days off seem to coincide with rain. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks things will move forward.



I have been trying to finish off the Andian LWW I started ages ago. While still not complete I will throw up a few pics. Still to go is the rest of the brake gear, piping and a general tidy up of things. I added my own wooden deck by laminating northeastern timber on either side of some brass pieces. It has the advantage of increasing the models weight but unfortunately made the decking quite thick. I resolved the thickness issue by milling down the ends in thickness where they attach to the model. Problem solved! Along with the deck I added some brake shoes and cross bracing. Last week I gained a few photos of the brake rigging detail so once that is fitted the LWW will hit the paint shop.

Once again have a good Christmas and I hope the new year brings more time for modelling the railways.

Linton

No comments:

Post a Comment