Monday, February 13, 2012

Flicker Free Omission

In my last post I described a simple method for adding flicker free lighting to the Austrains FS BS coaches. I did however leave out a zener diode Pt no. IN4733. The diode needs to be placed across the capacitor terminals, reverse biased (black line connected to the positive capacitor terminal). This zener clamps the capacitor input voltage to 5.1 volts. After sitting there thinking about things one day I happened to remember the capacitors 5.5 volt input limit and the fact that without the diode the super cap will not last long with track voltages above 6.9 volts.

Once I complete the three pack of coaches I will draw a circuit diagram and take a few pictures.

Sorry for the omission. I was so excited about how simple this mod was to achieve I over looked an important fundamental.

Thats it for now,

Linton

No comments:

Post a Comment