Friday, May 18, 2012

CWs - Getting Used To Baked Beans

I love Fridays! After finishing work at 1230 this afternoon I was greeted by a package on the front door step. I noticed Austrains stamped on the front and was a little unsure about its contents. Inside was my order of CWs. I have not seen any news regarding their arrival so was a little surprised.
What great little models! These four wheelers are beautiful little reproductions. They have been fitted with fine wheels, are weighted nicely (something I have not measured) and are detailed enough not to require too much fiddling.

I am looking forward to see guys like Justin Moy have a crack at these and hopefully pass the results to weathering plebs like myself.

I am now really looking forward to the upcoming Sheep Wagons, not so much to the declining bank balance however ha ha! Does anybody have a few recipes to jazz up baked beans?

Thanks,

Linton

4 comments:

  1. Yeah mix in some 2 minute noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if instead of baked beans you buy a can of braised steak and veg, then cook up a couple of sausages mix them in after cutting into 1 inch pieces. Then to serve, toast and butter at least two pieces of bread, and add the rest on the top...Perfect! This has been known to keep blokes going for days, along with a rum, or beer or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linton there was a good article in a AMRM about 2 years ago on weathering the CW and very easy to follow as well using Tamiya paint. Ill find out what edition for you.Remember what too much baked beans does to you! Blazing Saddles!
    cheers Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha thanks fellas for the tips. Should get me through the winter.

    Peter, I found the article, I think your talking about in the Aug 07 issue. I was looking through the Lambing Flat website and found a CW magnificently weathered by James. I rang James the next day and he showed me the way to his article. So far I have weathered the body and have been quite happy with the results. I will post a few pictures later on.

    Thanks,

    Linton

    ReplyDelete