Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cross Trading

Howdy,

This post will be a short one and will not include pictures! I can't believe it either! With today marking the introduction of the carbon tax, I will be writing all future posts on the IPad as the laptop uses too much power! Just doing my bit. As I sit here in the dark, freezing my tits off now is probably a good time to learn how to upload pictures onto this thing! All jokes aside it will be interesting to see how Australian industry copes. While on the railways I heard rumors of companies importing clinker rather than using their own kilns. From someone that really has no idea about this stuff I just hope it doesn't completely kill Australia's dwindling manufacturing capability.

Well on a more sensible note I have cleaned my modelling bench. After an interesting discussion with Mike McCormac the other day I have decided to start one of my LFXs. Hopefully, after finishing the dogbox I will not come to the realisation that my current fleet of models and future buys are crap. Unfortunately I need locomotives to haul my LFXs along with other pieces of rollingstock that are not LFXs when modelling the NSWGRs.

Over the past few months I have been working along side a scale modeller mate. Calum has started a blog (http://mainly-modelling.blogspot.com.au/)and although mostly aircraft related is well worth a look. In my opinion scale modellers are the weathering experts.

On Friday afternoon I had a visitor. Jon, a fellow IMRA member, who now has a blog(http://kalingojunction.blogspot.com.au/)stopped in to take a look at Picton. It's good to have another opinion as sometimes you get lost in your own ideas. Thanks for driving all the way down Jon. Your welcome anytime, just bring some working clothes next time ha ha.

Well that's about it. Time to watch my two hour ration of television. Holly crap I just saw a Cadbury chocolate steam train in a tv add. Can anything beat that? Doubt it! Ha ha.

Catch ya later, Linton

No comments:

Post a Comment