Monday, January 7, 2013

How to Make Girls Like Trains

I have been with my missus for the past 7 years. Danielle doesn't like trains but I drag her around to most of the exhibitions so she can experience, firsthand the awesomeness of model railways ha. Apart from the constant crop dusting she receives, she puts up with it fairly well.

Anyway for the past few years, I have had enormous amounts of pressure placed on me to ask Danielle to marry me. Many have said I am punching above my weight (I am slowly getting fatter so I am not sure if that evens things up or makes things worse) and that it is probably about time to pop the question before she makes tracks out the door.

On my white board 'to do list' sandwiched between securing pelmet lighting and sealing the baseboards was a note reminding me that I need to get down on one knee before the end of the year. I kept explaining to Danielle that I had not even completed most of the jobs above the end of year dead line!

Long story short, I sought some advice from some of my fellow co-workers and devised a plan. With the diamond in hand I set about changing the way Danielle thought about trains.

On the track went a PSM 38, a few S and D trucks and a KF at the back to carry the goods. I covered it with a piece of back scene material and coerced Danielle into the shed. We were actually running late for a Dinner reservation so typically Danielle could not understand my ridiculous timing. I placed a wire on the track and thanks to all wheel pick up, the brass 38 hauled that special piece of coal out in front of Danielle. She quickly asked if the whole thing was a joke, but I assured her that the 38 is correctly portraying pre 1955 green.

After she said yes (now I can really get fat) I walked her over and ticked off the white board. All done and now she really loves trains, well sought of.

Special Delivery


Linton

16 comments:

  1. Even my missus thought that was well done.
    congrats Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. Are you planning to lay track up the aisle to carry the rings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linton,
    Mate, Congratulations. Well done. Love the proposal and all the best for a great marrage.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Linton, all the best.You have about 2 yrs before the questioning starts again. Darren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, & never thought a NSW sushi train would bring those nice results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Linton, Congratulations to you and Danielle. My wife had a laugh at the Pre Green C38 joke....she's been everywhere with me too and has a fondness (tolerance??) of trains. So keep at it, you might win Dannielle over to the dark side yet.

    All the best,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fantastic. . . . .Congratulations. "Love me, love my trains. . . "

    Best wishes,

    Peter S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linton
    that's fantastic news congratulations !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news Linton. I wish I would have thought of that way to propose.
    Trouble was I was into N scale at the time and the writing would have been too small to read.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone!

    I always thought it would be great to buy a paybus and travel around Australia via the standard gauge railway. Would make a great honey moon, for me anyway!

    Yes Darren, hopefully I have bought a bit of time. Another 7 years hopefully ha ha.

    Bob, at least with using N scale the diamond would bigger!

    Thanks again much appreciated,

    Linton

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hearty congratulations Linton!

    Better than my effort in the walk-in robe! (We're still to set a date....)

    Keep the tips coming - I've yet to win over 'er Indoors' to the Train Side - we're still at the 'that's nice Dear' stage.....

    Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Linton!

    Now it's time you started work on your LFX kit(s)...I hear they are quite easy to assemble. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Linton,

    Reminds me somewhat of when my missus & I where discussing marriage, went to pick up a brass garratt from Mansfield, I promised I would not paint it 'that yukky black colour' until she got a rock on her finger (she wanted it the pretty green like the 32 class I had), 25 years later it's still in it's factory gold finish.

    Cheers Alex...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Linton..... Now lets hope you can spend the rest of your life out of the lavatory car!! haha Bill Roach

    ReplyDelete