Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Trying to Build Realistic Sound Templates

Hi,

It has been far too long since my last update. Unfortunately I don't have much to report. My spare days are mainly being used to build fences and gates at this point in time. I have not been buying much in the way of trains lately however I did buy a Sound Devices MM-1 pre-amplifier to supplement my Rode NGT-3 microphone. I am hoping that this little device will help record better audio.

This post is purely to show case a few of my latest projects. While the actual audio sounds have progressed also, the main thing I have been working on is dialling in my Templates. I am trying to build templates and sound flows that help create more realistic operation. It has been a steep learning curve however I am enjoying staying up at night going over and over sound flow problems in my head ha ha.

Anyway, below are a few videos of my latest exploits.






video








 

1 comment:

  1. Linton,
    As someone who hasn't yet made the jump to sound, I continue to marvel at what you have achieved.
    With reference to your opening sentences, my experience, living in both owned and rented accommodation, is that residing in your own home is one of the biggest impediments to progress on the layout. There is always something else that takes priority!
    cheers Phil

    ReplyDelete